Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Balancing Act



Do you have an inverted triangle body type? These pictures show two versions of the wrap top. They always make me look a little slimmer when the heat requires that I not wear a jacket or sweater as a third element. I have an inverted triangle figure, which means my top is larger than my bottom half. To balance this, I often wear darker colors on top and lighter colors on the bottom. I also avoid bulky materials of any type in tops and breast pockets on shirts or ruffles on blouses.


  
When wearing long pants, a maxi dress, or a long skirt, I often wear low flat shoes. When I wear a shorter skirt or cropped pants, I always wear at least a low heel. I prefer wedges or thicker heels since my calves are short and thick compared to my thighs. If I wore thin stiletto heels, the contrast would make my calves and ankles look even larger. 



1 comment:

Erika said...

I love your outfit in simple basics: black top and blue jeans. But you made it special with your accesories. Beautiful.