Saturday, June 15, 2013

Details Make The Look

Our Friday date nights are usually spent with a group of friends having dinner laughing and talking until late in the evening.


The look for this evening includes a fuchsia linen-like jacket from Stein Mart with a cotton knit tank in cream from Dillard's and tan side zip pants from Talbots. The sandals are by Kenneth Cole Reaction via T.J.Maxx. The clutch is also from T.J.Maxx last year.



This mixed metal statement necklace has served me well with many different looks. It is lightweight and versatile. I found this one at a gallery in Asheville, North Carolina but you can find similar ones in T.J.Maxx, Stein Mart, Kohl's, and other such department stores.





These bone and brass bangle bracelets relate to the natural shell buttons on the jacket. I found these at a shop in New York a few years ago.




The handbag and shoes are from T.J.Maxx. I always change to a smaller clutch bag for the evening.




Manicured hands and feet, as well as makeup in complementary colors such as the deep, rose-colored lip butter I am wearing all work together.

Many years ago one of my friends pointed out the reason I can pull off so many different looks is that I start at the hair and work it all the way to my toes. (I was in my thirties at that time.) I still think about how each piece relates to each other as well as to my size, shape, and coloring. For example, if I had worn fuchsia high heel sandals with this outfit it would have had a totally different and less polished effect. The jacket has a casual attitude that needs toned down accessories in a more neutral palette.




Have fun combining your own unique looks today. I hope you have a great weekend.

Thank you for reading!

6 comments:

Susan B said...

I love those sandals! You wear that fuchsia really well, too.

Beetique said...

you always look great

Lisa said...

I always learn so much from you.

Donna said...

Oooh, this is one of my favourite looks that you have posted. I have been doing research on fragrances and the many different components combined to get just the right scent. Same way with creating an outfit and a certain look or presence, just as your post shows us.

meriusa said...

I love this unusual combination of fuchsia jacket with tan pants ! Thank you for revealing us your technique and charisma of putting together pieces to make a perfect outfit (depending on the event )!

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes too! I find it hard to figgure out what to wear as I cannot wear the sandals that have the fit between the toes.