Thursday, July 25, 2013

Navy on Sale!

One of the last colors to leave the rack in most of the stores I shop in is navy blue. I often hear women say, "I don't know what to wear with navy" or "I would rather wear black."

 

Last night Mr. Mickey took me to dinner at our favorite restaurant in town, Gourmet and Company. Chef Jacob is so very talented and an all-around great person. His family owns a farm, so in the summer, he brings in fresh produce growing in the fields that morning. Last night he came out to visit with us and sent us on our way with fresh blackberries and blueberries from his farm. Yummy! 


My jacket is from Chico's summer sale. The tank top is also from Chico's. The navy side zip Hollywood fit pants are from the summer sale at Talbots.
 

These are my new favorite sunglasses by Oscar de la Renta via Stein Mart. The shape and color fit my face shape, and the color is dark but not black. Perfect! The clutch bag, necklace, ring, and silver bangle bracelet are also from Stein Mart.


The blush color Bandolino shoes are so old I don't remember where I bought them. The ankle strap doesn't show here, but they do have an above the ankle small strap. When in doubt, always wear nude shoes. Navy blue also looks good with oxblood, cognac, bronze, or any neutral color shoe. Nude is considered the color closest to your skin color, so whenever I find a pale pair of shoes that fit well, I buy them, knowing I will wear them often.

 


6 comments:

Susan B said...

Beautiful jacket! Those shoes are really a nice shape too.

Lori Draper said...

You and me both! I have sworn off black and have substituted navy blue. It works with my eyes and doesn't drag down my fair complexion!
I LOVE that it is on the racks during sales!

Rene said...

I, too, have given up on wearing black close to my face. I have a difficult time finding navy in the stores though. Lovely outfit!

Rene said...

I, too, have given up on wearing black close to my face. It's difficult to find navy in the stores though. Lovely outfit!

Donna said...

You always look chic in black but it will be interesting to see how you style navy. Can't go wrong with a pair of nude shoes.

meriusa said...

A good choice : Navy blue instead of black! It looks fresh and chic on you !I like your new glasses,very flattering shape.