Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wear It Wednesday

Many of you have asked, "What do you wear when you aren't going someplace special? What's your go-to look for every day?"


I work from home, so I literally could work in my PJ's all day, but I wouldn't be very productive. I shower after my walk and get dressed for the day, even if I know I won't be going out. If I run to the grocery or over to my warehouse to meet with my staff in this look, it is acceptable. 


My summer casual daily wardrobe includes white, khaki, black, or lightweight denim cropped pants or ankle-length pants. (No shorts.) I normally wear a sandal with low wedge heels with cropped pants such as these pictured above. If the pants were longer and looser, I might wear a flat sandal. (No flip flops.)



I also wear earrings, one ring, and a watch. I don't feel dressed without accessories and a lovely handbag. Details make a big difference in looking well put together.

Pictured above are Aerosoles sandals found at Ross, an Anne Klein bag found at T.J.Maxx several years ago, Kenneth Cole sunglasses from T.J.Maxx, and silver small hoop earrings, and a Seiko watch found at Belk many years ago. 

I really like a lightweight tee such as these I found at Belk on sale for about $12 this week. They are roomy and soft without being so thin that every bump and lump shows through them. 

I chose the V neck version, but they did have other necklines available. 




I bought several colors, including the purple I am wearing and navy, white, black, blue, red, teal, and pink. These tops are 100% cotton, so they are very soft and comfortable even when in the heat and humidity. These are the Belk brand "Kim Rogers."

These clothes can also be worn when I go for my early morning walk in the neighborhood each day. I prefer to buy regular clothes that I can wear for other functions rather than work out clothes which I see way too often in public. Could it be that work out knits are the summer version of sweat pants? 



If the day is cool and rainy, I can throw on a lightweight jacket like this one from the sale rack at Chico's. My goal is to be comfortable when I am going casual but still look nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For $12 I'd buy two in every color and have a seamstress cut the second and add to the sleeve to make it elbow length or a tad beyond to account for shrinkage. I've done this before with dresses and tops as I don't think my 50+ elbows and crepey upper arms need to see the light of day! For this style, I'd add another layer under the seam for a double bell effect and add a matching bell layer around the bottom ( for the layered look effect) or remove the sleeve completely and redo.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Similar to what I wear for summer school teaching, Susan. You look amazing in this color!

christy said...

Great tips. Love your Wear It Wednesday blogs. Enjoyed last week's blog about pants and nice to know others have pant issues. Finding a pair of well fitting pants is quite a challenge for me.

Chris

meriusa said...

I like your tips for casual dressing ! no shorts ,no flip flops ,no work out look !You are right , thank you so much .I knew it but now I am sure .

Donna said...

Great wardrobe for everyday! Need to scout out some tops, preferably with three-quarter sleeves and some decent capris to replace "grubbies" that should be delegated to painting only. Thanks for the post!