Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Circle of Red

Do you know that heart disease is the number one killer of women?



It is an honor to be in the Tri-Cities Circle of Red 2016. I am pictured below with some of the fabulous women I will be serving with during the coming year. Our mission is to educate and advocate for heart disease prevention.

Knowledge is power, and when you have all of the facts, you can become an activist, advocate, and educator to spread the word and inspire others to make heart health a priority. 




Two of my dear women friends have had heart attacks recently. Neither of them knew they had a problem. Please visit the Go Red For Women website to learn more about living a more healthy lifestyle.


As many of you know, I was not so healthy five years ago. I had several health issues but could reverse them all with a change of diet and increased exercise. Some of you also know that I was homeless about twenty years ago. I started over with almost nothing and worked my way out of that situation to become a homeowner and a successful business owner. I mention these things to inspire you to take care of yourself and believe in yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to. 

When you arrive at your goals, I also believe that it is essential to reach back to lift up those who are still struggling. That is why I write this blog and participate in so many philanthropic organizations in my community. I want to use my voice and do my part to help others' lives better and happier.


The clothing and jewelry I wore to this meeting are all from Chico's. The shoes are from Macy's, which is also a great supporter of Go Red For Women.

No comments: