Monday, September 28, 2015

Scarf Season

Cooler weather brings the addition of scarves to my look. In the humid summer weather, I switch to necklaces.


My favorite scarves are oblong and made from silk. Handpainted scenes from nature make them even more desirable.




My tying methods are simple and sleek in keeping with my style as a whole. The more fussy and complicated the tying becomes, the less likely I will feel comfortable wearing it.





My favorite tie is to fold the scarf in the middle lengthwise. Wrap the length of the folded scarf around your neck and pull the ends through the loop formed by the fold. These first three photos prove the versatility of this easy tying method.




Other simple ways to wear a scarf include wrapping the ends around your neck twice and letting the ends hang in front at uneven lengths. (Straight across lengths draws attention to the width of the area where they both end.)




Drape the scarf around your shoulders and let one end hang down in front and one in the back.
 


This fabulous silk shawl is from Tina Gleave at the Silk Squirrel. She is an incredibly talented artist who paints on silk. But, I have fallen in love with her affordable line of gorgeous silk scarves, shawls, and ponchos, all printed with her colorful paintings. She now offers an affordable line of quality silk reproductions done by a respected textile printing company. The resulting pieces have a great depth of color and the silk used has a wonderfully fine, floating quality.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a pretty scarf!

I'm also looking forward to wearing scarves!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the tips Susan.

BeachGypsy said...

love the pretty scarf and love the fun outfit! I like the last tie method the best!