Friday, January 8, 2016

Distressed Clothing

When I bought this Ralph Lauren denim jacket online from Dillard's, I was impressed with the unique details, but the distressing level was not so obvious from the photos. I almost returned it but decided it might work with the right combination.



I normally avoid distressed or slouchy clothing. I feel that crisp, clean, highly structured pieces are more complementary to my aging face. After adding the brightly colored silk Ralph Lauren scarf from Stein Mart, I felt a lot better about the combination. I will also wear this jacket with bold silver jewelry, a white silk tunic blouse, and black faux leather leggings for different textures.




The Ralph Lauran bag is one I have been researching for almost a year. If I think more than twice, "I need __________" as I am getting dress, that item becomes the next piece I look for to complete my wardrobe. Identifying a need repeatedly keeps me from acquiring a lot of items I never use. Shopping impulsively never seems to work well for me. I look at the styles, the sizes, the features, and prices. I shop around for investment pieces before making the commitment. This ensures that I will be happy with my purchase and that I will use it often.



The booties are by Gianni Bini from Dillard's.



The black tunic was provided by J.Jill last year. The black Ponte leggings are from Chico's last year.


The leather and mixed metal bracelets were provided by Jewels of the Vineyard.



I hope my tips help you to create a wardrobe that serves you well every day!


2 comments:

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan B said...

I agree that distressed pieces are best in small doses and when mixed with more polished pieces. You've done that very well here. Great looking bag, very classic!